Dear Carsten,

That pretty much covers all my questions and then some. Thanks for that!

Cheers,
Jason

------------------------------

Hi Jason,

you might want to take a look at this study:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1507.00898

Best,
  Carsten

> On 15 Jul 2015, at 06:44, Jason Loo Siau Ee <jasonsiauee....@taylors.edu.my>
> wrote:
>
> Dear Gromacs users,
>
> I'm thinking about purchasing a GPU workstation for some simulation work, and
> was wondering about the optimal CPU-GPU combination for running MD as I'm
> pretty clueless about the hardware side of things.
>
> Typical systems simulated would be membrane protein systems of around 100k
> atoms, with PME electrostatics.
>
> Assuming I have a budget of approximately 7000USD for the machine, what sort
> of CPU-GPU combination would you recommend? If I went with something like 2x
> Intel(r) Xeon(r) Processor E5-2695 v2, 12 cores + 2x GTX980s, how many ns/day
> can I reasonably expect? Has anyone had experience with similar systems?
>
> Thanks in advance for the info.
>
> Cheers,
> Jason

Confidentiality Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and intended solely for the intended addressee and may also be privileged or
addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose, distribute
or otherwise act in reliance upon any part of this e-mail or its attachments.
Taylor's Education Group does not accept responsibility for any loss arising
from unauthorized access to, or interference with, any internet communications
by any third party in reliance to this email, or from the transmission of any
viruses. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Taylor's
Education Group. Replies to this e-mail may be monitored by Taylor's Education
Group for operational or business reasons.