On 8/20/15 5:21 PM, Jorge Fernandez de Cossio Diaz wrote:
Note that I am adding position restrains to fix all the termini of the
incomplete fragments. Shouldn't that take care of the missing residues?

If there's a bond between residues that are separated by a large gap, the magnitude of the bonded force is going to be orders of magnitude larger than any restraint force.

You need to fix your missing residues. No amount of hacking or trickery is going to give you a sensible result here.

-Justin

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 20:29:42 +0000
From: Jorge Fernandez de Cossio Diaz <cos...@cim.sld.cu>
To: "gromacs.org_gmx-users@maillist.sys.kth.se"
         <gromacs.org_gmx-users@maillist.sys.kth.se>
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Broken protein chain: "WARNING: Listed
         nonbonded interaction between particles ..."

Tried using -merge interactive -chainsep id on pdb2gmx, but I still get the
same WARNING:

WARNING: Listed nonbonded interaction between particles 2897 and 2908
at distance 3f which is larger than the table limit 3f nm.

The energy minimization step prints this as a warning and proceeds, but when I
try to equilibrate the system later, the warning becomes an error and it
doesn't let me proceed, so this seems to be important. Also, it doesn't make
sense to me that 2897 and 2908 are interacting, because even though they are
consecutive (because of missing residues), they are very far apart in space.

So why is it that when I put the fragments into the same chain, the topology
creates this spurious interaction?

Message: 4