On 8/24/15 5:39 AM, anu chandra wrote:
Dear Justin

Thanks for the reply.

If that's the case what position of atoms the coordinates in trr file
represents?. If I got you right, the coordinates in trr file neither get
along with the mdrun generated gro file due to domain decomposition (hence
broken molecules) nor with the trjconv treated gro file since, as you said,
the same treatment with trjconv is required for coordinates in trr file.

I don't really understand the question, but the generic answer is: mdrun doesn't care about our visualization convenience. The physics don't depend on molecules being represented as "whole" so it does not waste time reconstructing them to write them to the trajectory. That's what trjconv is for - processing *any* trajectory or coordinate file that is "broken" across PBC. Your input coordinates were probably whole, so in order to visualize the trajectory, you need to use trjconv to process the .trr suitably. There are tips on the GROMACS website and in about half a million posts in the list archive on this.

-Justin

Many thanks

Anu