Hello,This question is more about the WHAM technique in general, but I take the
liberty to ask it in this forum, hoping somebody can point me in the right
direction.
I am calculating the free energy difference between two wells separated by an
energy barrier using an umbrella potential restraining an inter-residue
distance.
After running the umbrella sampling, I find that some of the histograms have
shifted to some extent from their intended positions, with the peak shifted
from the restraining distance value. This happens close to the barrier region.
So, I have sampled the barrier region separately with a stronger umbrella
potential to prevent the 'slippage'.
Now my questions are:1. Can I mix two different umbrella potentials for two
different regions (well and barrier) in gmx wham?
2. Would it be wrong to include those simulations where the histograms shifted
from the restraining distance in the WHAM calculations?
Many thanks in advance,Supriyo
p.s. If something is unclear in my posting, please let me know and I will try
to clarify as much as possible.