On 10/13/16 9:50 AM, Tushar Ranjan Moharana wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I have extended my simulation from 6 ns to 20 ns. Now I want to rerun to
calculate energy between various energy groups. I have 2 xtc files one
having first 6ns and one with 14 ns (7th to 20th) (Even though I used
append during mdrun). My doubts are:
1) What will be the mdp option for nsteps, if I want to rerun only the
second xtc.

Shouldn't matter, but it's simple to calculate.  time / dt = number of steps.

2) Can I combine them to get a continuous xtc file.

That's what trjcat is for.