I was trying to calculate the dielectric constant of my system (1,4-dioxane and
water), and I have encountered some problems. I gave the command to calculate
dipole moment and related data, since it is a prerequisite for the dielectric

gmx dipoles -f sol1ns2.trr -s sol1ns2.tpr -o dipac.xvg -eps diel_1.xvg -a
muavers.xvg -d dipdist.xvg -P 1 -corr total -c dipcorr.xvg
which ran perfectly, providing me with 5 .xvg files, as it should. Now,
following this, I typed in:
gmx dielectric -f dipcorr.xvg -d deriv.xvg -o epsw.xvg -c cole.xvg
which gave me the error and the
WARNING: non-polarizable models can never yield an infinite
dielectric constant that is different from 1. This is incorrect
in the reference given above
*** Error in `gmx': malloc(): smallbin double linked list corrupted:
0x00000000011191f0 ***
Aborted (core dumped)
 you please let me know where I am going wrong? I understand that there's
something called the reaction field epsilon value, which is where I could have
gone wrong, as I did not specify it in the first command.

Thanks in advance,Thejus Kartha.

Gromacs Users mailing list

* Please search the archive at before posting!

* Can't post? Read

* For (un)subscribe requests visit or send a
mail to