On 11/11/16 03:53, Mijiddorj Batsaikhan wrote:
Dear gmx users,

I simulated several peptide's folding. I would like to know the effects of
hydrophobic interaction for the folding. How can I make analysis and know
the effect of hydrophobic interaction?
Is it possible to assess the hydrophobic interaction using short range Van
der  Waals force?

Hydrophobic interactions do not exist. There is however, a hydrophobic effect, see, e.g.

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp015514e
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v437/n7059/abs/nature04162.html

What you can attempt is to compute enthalpy and entropy (but only if you have explicit water):
http://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.96.238102

Best regards,

Mijiddorj

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:  +46184714205.
sp...@xray.bmc.uu.se    http://folding.bmc.uu.se