Hi Amit,

You patch plumed onto the gromacs source and then yes you need to
recompile gromacs. It may help to look at this thread from the plumed
google group
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/plumed-users/stlK9-kaa6A where I
worked out how to do it. I was using plumed 2.1 which had some problems
that should be fixed in 2.3 I think so you definitely don't need to add
the -fPIC flag and probably don't need to remove the duplicate reference
to Plumed.o

Best wishes
James