Hi

please refer to VMD guide/manual/mailing list. You have different options to "decrease" the motion:

1. in VMD Main there is a speed control, just move to left with mouse

or/and

2. in Graphical Representations under Trajectory tab you can increase the number of "Trajectory Smoothing Window Size".

HTH

and