Hi Dan,

Yup, periodic, continuous, and electrically neutral. I suggested a similar thought in my question, i.e. with walls any transport would definitely be transient and self-limited. However, nothing is transported even in the perturbative sense, as you can see from the flux. The behavior is that of a system without any driving field.

The electric field is already quite high (0.1 V/nm) and of course I could go completely nuts and exceed the experimental dielectric breakdown threshold values for water, but the question remains, no?

Thanks,

Alex