Hi,

That depends on what model you want to implement - rlist sets the radius
within which particles/groups will be placed in the neighbour list. There's
further requirements based on the other elements of the simulation with
which it has to interact, so for user tables, the group scheme is needed,
which means you won't have both an efficient simulation and a buffered list.

If you're still trying to implement hard spheres with GROMACS, then as (I
think) I've said before, you should consider alternative software (not that
I have any insight about what might work better).

Mark