On 2/14/18 1:15 PM, kordza...@aut.ac.ir wrote:
Hi all

I want to investigate interaction drug and bilayer for more detailed
investigation I want to use energygrps for functional group of drug to find out
which part of drug has more interaction.

is energygrps good tool?

If the force field you're using was parametrized in such a way that the nonbonded energy decomposition has some physical meaning, maybe. But chopping a molecule into pieces and calculating pairwise nonbonded energies is not a useful approach. An entire molecule, for the purpose of comparison, maybe.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall