Hi,

If you have an .itp then you have no need of editing an .rtp file that is
only used by pdb2gmx. That the simulation is unstable is unrelated, and we
don't have enough information to suggest why. Please do make sure you
understand how the pieces work, eg by trying the tutorials if you have not
already done so.

Mark