Dear Gromacs,
The scount.xvg file was obtained after running

echo 1 | gmx do_dssp -f md_0_1_noPBC.xtc -s md_0_1.tpr -ssdump ssdump.dat -map -o ss.xpm -sc scount.xvg -a area.xpm -ta totarea.xvg -aa averarea.xvg
-tu ns

The secondary structures listed are:

I ran the command for different proteins. It surprised me that the last
'5-Helix' randomly displayed in the scount.xvg. Maybe some proteins did not
have the '5-Helix', but why not just show them as 0? Can this be improved?

Because I am using a script to read the scount.xvg files, so I want all the
files have the same format.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely
Gromacs Users mailing list

* Please search the archive at before posting!

* Can't post? Read

* For (un)subscribe requests visit or send a
mail to