On 3/2/18 10:50 AM, ABEL Stephane wrote:
Dear all,

I am interested to simulate a system with gramicidin A  that contains D-AAs
(D-LEU and D-VaL)  and I am wondering if the CMAP entries in the cmap.itp file
(charmm36-jul2017.ff) are used for these types of AA ? I am asking this because
I see that the CHARMM force field library contains a file
(toppar_all36_prot_mod_d_aminoacids.str) where the CMAP parameter seem to be

The parameters are not "redefined," they are given for the D-amino acids, which have a different C-alpha type (CTD1 instead of CT1). The latest CHARMM36 port supports D-amino acids, with the exception of the .hdb file, which does not have entries for them.