I actually understood your tutorial perfectly well. What I didn't expect is such a significant dependence on direction (assuming spherical symmetry clears the situation).

I also had to use direction-periodic instead of distance in your tutorial, because the box is 4 nm wide and grompp is screaming about distance exceeding half-box size. I used 5.0.3 before and it was fine with the 'distance' directive. I think 'direction-periodic' is also wrong for spherical symmetry. So, stick with distance and increase box size?

Thanks,

Alex