Hi,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 4:47 PM <za...@tezu.ernet.in> wrote:

> Dear Gromacs Users
>
> We have a GPU Server (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 v4 @ 1.70GHz, 16 cores)
> with 2 NVIDIA Tesla P100 (12GB) cards.
>
> What should be my final mdrun command so that it should utilize both the
> cards for the run? (As of now it detects both the cards, but auto selects
> only 1)
>
> As of now I am using the following command:
>
> gmx_mpi mdrun -v -deffnm run -gpu_id 0 1

You mentioned auto selection of GPU usage, but you are selecting the GPU
usage here, and you are requiring it to use only GPU 0. If you would look
at the examples in the user guide you would see how to use -gpu_id. If you
want permit mdrun to use its auto-selection, then don't use -gpu_id.

> I am using Gromacs 2016.4 version.
>
> For gromacs installation, used the following:
>
> CC=/usr/bin/mpicc F77=/usr/bin/f77 CXX=/usr/bin/mpicxx
> MPICC=/usr/bin/mpicc CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/soft/fftw337/lib cmake ..
> -DFFTWF_INCLUDE_DIR=/soft/fftw337/include
> -DFFTWF_LIBRARIES=/soft/fftw337/lib/libfftw3.so
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/soft/gmx164 -DGMX_X11=OFF
> -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/usr/bin/mpicxx -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=/usr/bin/mpicc
> -DGMX_MPI=ON -DGMX_DOUBLE=OFF -DGMX_DEFAULT_SUFFIX=ON
> -DGMX_PREFER_STATIC_LIBS=ON -DGMX_SIMD=SSE2 -DGMX_SIMD=AVX2_256
> -DGMX_USE_RDTSCP=OFF -DGMX_GPU=ON -DCUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR=/usr/local/cuda

Use only one GMX_SIMD setting - the one that matches the capabilities of
the CPU.

> Do I need to provide any other option (openMPI) while installing groamcs?

You already chose to use your MPI library.

Mark