Hi,

As you see in the docs
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/user-guide/mdp-options.html#mdp-refcoord-scaling
there are different reference coordinates chosen on your two fragments. The
2018 series of GROMACS prompts you to choose what those coordinates are
with grompp -r, which will probably permit the kind of continuity you seek.
The feature was always there, but defaulted to the coordinates of grompp
-c. Of course the simulations aren't physical, either way.

Mark