Den 2018-09-07 kl. 17:33, skrev Apramita Chand:
Dear Dr. Spoel,
Initially I used a 100ns simulation with 0.002 time step.
  Then I tried a 10ns simulation with 0.0005 timestep and lower output
frequency.
  I used -ac option and obtained the forward lifetime.

That looks good, if you open the autocorrelation figure in xmgrace, does it look good? Can you fit an exponential curve to it with a time constant roughly like 45 ps?

If you are analyzing a HBond that is present during the whole simulation the analysis will not give a meaningful result.

Regards,
Apramita

Reply to :Message: 2
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 08:14:48 +0200
From: David van der Spoel <sp...@xray.bmc.uu.se>
To: gmx-us...@gromacs.org
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Warning: correlations not long enough

Den 2018-09-06 kl. 17:13, skrev Apramita Chand:
Dear All,
In my simulations ,I have a Peptide in aqueous solution with a cosolvent.

For more number of hydrogen bonds like peptide water, water-water, there
are no warnings

But for Peptide cosolvent, there are 315 hydrogen bonds and it does the
acf
as 315/315...

It shows warning: correlations not long enough

My original time step was 0.002 and I changed it to 0.0005 and even
lowered
the output frequency of coordinates

How long is the simulation? You do not have to store so often, may 50 fs
is enough, but you may need a longer simulation. If 45 ps is a realistic
correlation time you need at least some nanoseconds. And do not use the
-life option, as is described in my old JPCB 110 pp. 4393-4398 (2006).

Doing so gave me a 80GB output file!

Still the problem persists..

The lifetime that is output on the screen is 45 ps.

Since it writes that the lower half of the correlation function was fitted
and then this is calculated, can I quote this lifetime? Is it accurate?

Please help

Yours sincerely
Apramita

Head of Department, Cell & Molecular Biology, Uppsala University.
Box 596, SE-75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone: +46184714205.
http://www.icm.uu.se