On 9/22/18 2:31 AM, Alex wrote:
Actually, I'd like to know, too. I keep seeing this warning for systems
that are fully described in their topologies and all parameters
appropriately present in ffnonbonded, etc, i.e. everything passes grompp
and runs perfectly fine. I never really paid much attention to this
warning, thinking that gmx solvate has its own way of looking things up
elsewhere, but an explanation would be nice. I searched the list, but only
found reference to the -shell option, which I am not using.

What's happening?

This generic warning shows up for any program that uses atomic radii but has not been provided a .tpr file, which contains unambiguous masses and atom types. The warning just alerts the user to the possibility that something strange might happen when guessing what an atom is based solely on its name. For example, "CA" is often the alpha-carbon in proteins, but could it be a calcium ion in some cases? Similarly, is "HG" a hydrogen at the gamma-position or is it mercury?

-Justin

Thanks,

Alex

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 12:14 AM AKANXA TIWARI <akanxatiwar...@gmail.com>