On 10/1/18 9:25 PM, paul buscemi wrote:
Alex,
Thanks for your feedback.

So far the critters seem to be compliant,  align when they should with H
bonding, crumple when they should,  and grommp’s major complaint is when I
forget to adjust the number of residues. But I am unseasoned in MD and
following the discussions on gmx-users you come to realize that there is more
to MD than just good looks.  Another set of eyes would do no harm.   I’ll do
some more vetting and if the polymers react appropriately in polar and
non-polar solvents, I will set it loose.

There are two separate things to be considered: (1) whether your procedure works for generating a topology and (2) whether the parameters applied are physically valid. I usually have disclaimers in my tutorials that the user should not simply assume that my parameters for things are correct or necessarily best for any given system, but that the protocol itself is robust.

-Justin

  Best
Paul