On 10/5/18 12:47 AM, Rakesh Mishra wrote:
Dear Justin thanks for ur reply.
Which means in this case,both group will act as a reference group for each
other.

Then now my question is, why without using two biasing potential, in case
of using one
biasing potential for two group, If I do not constrained reference group
then it automatically
move in the opposite direction w.r.t pulling group.

I feel like I've already explained how all of this works. The bias is applied to the specified groups, and they evolve however they're going to under the influence of the applied force.

It may help to stop thinking concretely in terms of a "reference" and a "pulled" group. That's a conceptual convention that is actually somewhat outdated now that GROMACS supports multiple, simultaneous biasing potentials. Each group defines the end of a reaction coordinate. Their relative positions matter in terms of defining the direction of the bias, hence the "reference" and "pulled" nomenclature. But again, I think that by enforcing such nomenclature, it's a bit misleading.

-Justin