Thanks all for your suggestions so far. I believe I've got things more or less functional but I want to refine how I'm constructing my initial simulation box.

In particular, I'm using a custom coarse-grained system, so I'd like to be able to tailor the effective vdW radii for use with insert-molecules and solvate commands to accommodate the typically larger sizes of the CG sites. However, many of my simulations are on clusters or other resources where I can't edit the vdwradii.dat file and not all CG particles in my simulation have the same radii, so just updating the default radius using the -radius option isn't completely satisfactory either.

Is there a way to tailor these values for each type of CG particle without editing the database file, or some other similar workaround to this issue?

Thanks,
Tom