Fatemeh,

Best to keep this to the emailing list.  Then others can find it later that
have a similar issue, or others can provide information.

>I want to investigate the adsorption of H2 and also CO on MOFs (metal
organic frameworks), in .top file I
>introduce CO and the number of it that is 1, but it gives error( no such
molecule type CO), as you told I
>went to atomtype.atp file to find atom type for C and H but as I saw, the
atomtype for carbonyle oxygen
>is O and for bare carbon is C, and the others are not related, when I
introduce CO in this way it gives
>error, when I introduce it one by one, C separately and O separately also
it gives error that no such
>atomtype C or O, I do not know how should I introduce CO? could you help
me with my problem?

What it sounds like you are missing is the topology file that provides
information on how the molecules are constructed, what is what the first
error you obtained is telling you. You have to provide information to the
program on how the molecule is put together, bonds, forces etc.  That is
either done within the .top file, or via a separate .itp file that is
subsequently included within the .top file.

http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/reference-manual/topologies/topology-file-formats.html#molecule-itp-file

I would highly recommend that you step back for a moment and do some
tutorials using GROMACS.  They won't be with the system you are going to
perform the calculations on, but you need to develop a fundamental
understanding of how these simulations work, what information you need to
provide to them, why etc.  Otherwise you are going to waste a lot of time,
and more than likely generate something that cannot be used.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.war...@monash.edu
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a
nail.