Just to update: we rolled back to 2018.1 due to a new simulation, which is running perfectly fine on the older version.

The only difference between this simulation and everything we've tried so far is that each charge value in the topology (for about 3000 atoms) has something like five digits -- directly copied from a DFT output. On all machines running 2018.1 the initial dynamic relaxation initially hiccuped at 400% CPU load (instead of normal 2000%) doing something for a few minutes, but then always recovered and continued to run normally. 2019.2 ended up throwing errors about pressure scaling on one try and quietly segfaulted on another. On the same machine, rolling back to 2018.1 resulted in normal operation.

I can provide the input if needed (including the batch sh file), but I don't think we'll be using 2019.2 in the near future, though I kept a backup of the build.

Alex