On 10/4/19 4:52 AM, Olga Press wrote:
Prof. Lemkul thank you for your response.
I'm using the output file from the charmm gui site after the MD production,
which contain an equilibrated DOPC bilayer with TIP3 molecules  as the
solvent (and I remove the ions before the solvation).
I used the second option of the gmx_solvate (solvate a solute configuration)
Do you suggest to remove the water molecule, than concatenate the protein
coordinates with the lipids coordinates and than solvate it with water?

Yes, otherwise reposition the protein so it is further away from the membrane and does not lead to lipid deletion.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall