Hi,
VMD and dssp  may use a slightly different criteria to  define a beta
sheet.
First I will check in literature if the criteria are the same.
In some case, it occur that the  the atom types (e.i H) are not properly
recognized by the software,
and thus secondary structure element can not be determined.
Best regards
Alessandra