Dear Eduardo,

Many thanks for your detailed explanation. Sorry I am not an expert on the PCA.
So I may need more explanations from you if you do not mind. Feel free to
correct if I am wrong.

I have done the common analysis to the MD run at different conditions,
including RMSD, Rg, secondary structure, native contacts, etc. I can find some
differences among those conditions. But I feel that there are infinite
properties to choose to compare. So I am trying to find a more systematic way
to quantify the difference. I found the "gmx anaeig -over" seems to be an ideal
option.

Can I ask,

1) How the "-ref" is used in the PCA analysis? i.e. How the "deviation" is used
in the process of PCA? Do I need to fully understand the mathmatical equations
in order to understand it?
# -ref no (default)
Use the deviation from the structure file (i.e. -s name.pdb)
# -ref yes
Use the deviation from the average of the trajectories

2) So far, I choose "MainChain" as the least square fit, and "C-alpha" for the
PCA. I hope I can see the significant difference between the different
conditions at the C-alpha level. But if not, I may choose "Backbone" or
"MainChain" for the PCA.

3) Can you explain what is "long enough to have at least two halves of
trajectory 0.pdb CA. 100% overlap of covariance matrices", and what is "block
analysis to calculate overlap error as a function of time length"?

Thank you!

Yours sincerely
Cheng