On 4/18/20 7:39 PM, lazaro monteserin wrote:
Dear Gromacs users,

As I have referred before I am simulating small molecules (nucleosides)
(around 33 atoms) in vacuum in Gromacs. When I do the simulations at the
end I want to select the most stable structure from the trajectory for the
next steps.

What would be the best methodology to use to run a molecular dynamics for
this?:

1) Run an anneling and collect the different frames for the trajectory and
then at the end analyze the RSMD, free energy and maybe do clustering for
the different frames to select the most stable structure?

How do you propose to compute the conformational free energy? Note also that no biomolecular force field is validated for use in the gas phase, so the balance of conformational sampling has no guarantee of being physically meaningful.

2) Do an umbrella anneling similar to the Gromacs tutorial 3"umbrella
sampling"?, the only problem here is that I want all dihedral angles to
rotate and I do not know how to do this.

You can enforce dihedral rotation with the pull code, but the tutorial has little use here aside from general concepts.

3) Do a procedure similar to tutorial 6 "Free energy of solvation" in which
I generate the free energy from different lambda values from consecutive
simulations.

The tutorial is for decoupling a solute from water. You have a molecule in vacuum. The only thing to decouple is the molecule itself, which will give you an annihilated, physically nonsensical structure.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall