On 5/1/20 9:29 AM, John Whittaker wrote:
Hi Mohamed,

Hello everybody,

In order to solve the PBC at the end I use the command:

*gmx trjconv -s md_0_1.tpr -f md_0_1.xtc -o md_noPBC.xtc -pbc mol *

followed by:

*gmx trjconv -s md_0_1.tpr  -f md_noPBC.xtc -o md_noPBC.pdb*

I want to solve this problem after the energy minimization but I don't
have
.xtc file to use it as I do at the end.

How can I solve this problem after the energy minimization ?
You're saying that your energy minimization does not produce a trajectory
(a .trr or .xtc file)?

If that's the case, you just have to instruct GROMACS to periodically
write to a trajectory file using options in the .mdp file (namely,
nstxout). Take a look at:

http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2018/user-guide/mdp-options.html

Under the section "output control" you will find what you are looking for.

"Trajectories" from energy minimization are generally unreadable as the interval of saved frames is uneven. During EM, a frame is only written when the energy goes down, which is not necessarily every possible frame. I also seem to recall that there is never XTC output from EM, even if requested, because it's rather pointless. Maybe that has changed.

Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

http://www.thelemkullab.com