On 5/7/20 10:49 AM, Devargya Chakraborty wrote:
Suppose my system contains an anion a cation and water and I have done an
nvt simulation.after the completion I want to see the energy profile of the
individual groups like the cation or the anion etc. Can anybody guide me
how to use the energy grps option in analysing that.

You wouldn't. The energygrps setting is specifically for computing interaction energies between two groups. It cannot be used to give you the energy of a group.

You could do that by extracting coordinates of interest from the trajectory with trjconv, making a matching .tpr with convert-tpr, and then using mdrun -rerun to recompute the energies. While you *can* do this, note that these values will generally have no physical meaning.

-Justin

Thanks
Devargya Chakraborty