Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 14:14:41 +0200
From: Debashish Banerjee <deb.aerosp...@gmail.com>
To: gmx-us...@gromacs.org
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Need help creating md.mdp for silica(quartz)?

Hello Ekatherina, I did not reach a point in my simulations where I have used freeze command, but I think for your case, can't you put a position constraint on your quartz layer. In that case, you just have to create an
index file having quartz in the group and then you can put postion
restraints on them in x,y,z by putting force constant of [1000 1000 1000]
so that the layer doesn't move.

Regards,
Debashish
--