fixed in curtin trunk in revision 324.
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~curtin-dev/curtin/trunk/revision/324

** Also affects: maas

** Also affects: curtin

** Changed in: curtin

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  MaaS on older releases need support for newer curtin images

Status in curtin:
  Fix Committed
Status in MAAS:
  New
Status in curtin package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in curtin source package in Trusty:
  Confirmed
Status in curtin source package in Wily:
  Confirmed
Status in curtin source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  This came up when we chatted about problems using Xenial images on
  Maas this morning. And it will likely become a big problem when Xenial
  is released. Server environments do not change that quickly, so we
  should expect hosts running Trusty (cloud-archive or maas from the
  PPA) trying to provision Xenial.

  This currently is broken because the smarts of the curtin installer
  seems to have changed and the rootfs-tgz (the base filesystem used) no
  longer comes with the kernel (and modules) pre-installed. But the init
  phase of older curtin versions does not include steps to download a
  kernel from the archive. So we end up with a client that starts the
  final reboot without any kernel installed.