This bug was fixed in the package simplestreams - 0.1.0~bzr430-0ubuntu1

---------------
simplestreams (0.1.0~bzr430-0ubuntu1) yakkety; urgency=medium

  * New upstream snapshot.
    - set a default user agent (LP: #1578622)
    - glance mirror: do not require that hypervisor_config be
      present (LP: #1578624)
    - Optimise read_signed method for better performance (LP: #1580534)

 -- Scott Moser <smo...@ubuntu.com>  Thu, 12 May 2016 12:55:30 -0400

** Changed in: simplestreams (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  Signature verification is too slow

Status in simplestreams:
  Fix Committed
Status in simplestreams package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in simplestreams source package in Xenial:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  [Impact]

  When running against http://cloud-

images.ubuntu.com/releases/streams/v1/com.ubuntu.cloud:released:download.sjson,
  read_signed() in simplestreams/utils.py seems to take minutes (402
  seconds in my instrumented timing) running 100% CPU. At the time of my
  test, download.sjson is 451737 bytes in 1870 lines.

  This makes a uvtool sync virtually unusable on Xenial.

  [Development Fix]

  The culprit is the constant += of a string as it is read in. This is
  inefficient in Python as each += results in a new string that has to
  be allocated. Keeping the lines in a list and joining them at the end
  reduces the time to 0.127 seconds.

  [Stable Fix]

  No change cherry-pick of fix committed upstream.

  [Test Case]

  On a machine with reasonable connectivity, run: uvt-simplestreams-
  libvirt sync release=xenial arch=amd64

  Expected result: takes a few seconds with minimal CPU use.

  Actual result: takes more than five minutes with CPU pegged at 100%.

  Scott also has a more direct test case here:
  http://paste.ubuntu.com/16377613/

  [Original Notes]

  Merge proposal to follow. I'm filing this bug to track a Xenial SRU.