This is fixed in cloud-init 0.7.7

** Changed in: cloud-init

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  Networking issues with the SmartOS datasource under Xenial

Status in cloud-init:
  Fix Released
Status in cloud-init package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in cloud-init source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Under xenial (16.04) on a VM with more than one IP/interface cloud-
  init fails to setup additional IPS. So for instance if I provision and
  VM with two IPs, cloud-init only sets up one IP (which is typcially
  the main/public IP). I believe the underlying issue has to do with
  changes in systemd and how interfaces are now named in the new world.
  Specifically, you can no longer assume "eth" prefixed interface names.