Public bug reported:

I was trying to build update-manager in a yakkety sbuild chroot from a
xenial system and encountered the following error:

Local sources
-------------

update-manager_16.10.5.dsc exists in .; copying to chroot

Check architectures
-------------------

Check dependencies
------------------

Merged Build-Depends: build-essential, fakeroot
Filtered Build-Depends: build-essential, fakeroot
dpkg-deb: building package 'sbuild-build-depends-core-dummy' in
'/<<BUILDDIR>>/resolver-9lYerC/apt_archive/sbuild-build-depends-core-dummy.deb'.
gpg: /<<BUILDDIR>>/resolver-9lYerC/gpg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: Warning: not using 'Sbuild Signer' as default key: No secret key
gpg: all values passed to '--default-key' ignored
gpg: no default secret key: No secret key
gpg: signing failed: No secret key
Failed to sign dummy archive Release file.

I worked around the issue by installing the yakkety version of sbuild on
my xenial system, but the fix should be backported.

** Affects: sbuild (Ubuntu)

** Affects: sbuild (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Affects: sbuild (Debian)

** Tags: xenial

** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #827315

** Also affects: sbuild (Debian) via

** Tags added: xenial

** Also affects: sbuild (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: sbuild (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: sbuild (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: sbuild (Ubuntu Xenial)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  not possible to build yakkety packages because of gpg changes

Status in sbuild package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in sbuild source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in sbuild package in Debian:
  Unknown

Bug description: