This has been fixed in Ubuntu 16.10 Beta with gnome-maps 3.21.91-1 and
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libchamplain/0.12.14-1

This should work in Ubuntu 16.04 with the GNOME3 Staging PPA in a few
hours once gnome-maps 3.20.3.1-0ubuntu1~ppa1 successfully builds and is
published there.

** Also affects: gnome-maps (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: gnome-maps (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: gnome-maps (Ubuntu Xenial)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  Map should wrap left and right ends

Status in Gnome Maps:
  Fix Released
Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-maps package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-maps source package in Xenial:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Currently if one goes right to the far left of the map they get this:

      Maps_Ubuntu_No_Wrap.png

  And the same for the far right of the map:

      Maps_Ubuntu_No_Wrap2.png

  But instead of just stopping one from being able to go beyond these
  points (like with bug #1577823) I think that it would be better if the
  map actually wrapped around and behaved more like a globe or at least
  cylinder so that one can go left or right for ever and the map will
  just continue wrapping round so that there is no ugly end. Also having
  the text going off the right side and then one having to go to the
  right side to read it isn't very nice. So I think that a better design
  is needed, and a wrap function would also possibly allow something
  like bug #1577825. I am running Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 with GNOME 3.18 but
  the issue is also present on Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 with GNOME 3.20.