This bug was fixed in the package click-reviewers-tools - 0.44~16.04.1
click-reviewers-tools (0.44~16.04.1) xenial-proposed; urgency=medium
[ Jamie Strandboge ]
- add pulseaudio interface
- add bluetooth policy group for Touch for 15.04 and higher
- add location-observe and location-control
- move all core interfaces to 'common'
- add gsettings interface
- set home to auto-approve
- add mpris interface
- add camera interface
- add optical-drive interface
- add serial-port interface
- add content interface
- don't fail on libmvec.so since it comes from libc6 too (LP: #1584346)
- extend the regex to also match ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
- update _verify_pkgname() and _verify_appname() to use the same regex as
in snapd and various tests
- update attributes to be slots or plugs side and cleanup code for
* bin/click-review, clickreviews/modules.py: exit '1' if error with
init_object or running checks
- support 'environment' key in yaml (LP: #1583259)
- support 'confinement' key in yaml
- specifying mpris slot should not warn
- adjust profile name length checks to use series 16 security label format
* run_tests: exit non-zero with failures, errors or unexpectedSuccesses
- 'puritine' is a known, but redflagged hook
- skip external symlinks and md5sums checks for puritine (since we expect
external symlinks and the hash checks fail on broken symlinks)
- 'puritine' hook should not be used with 'apparmor'
* clickreviews/apparmor_policy.py: adjust for rename of store team
[ Celso Providelo ]
* support for interface abbreviated syntax (LP: #1595184)
-- Jamie Strandboge <ja...@ubuntu.com> Tue, 02 Aug 2016 08:43:31 -0500
** Changed in: click-reviewers-tools (Ubuntu Xenial)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu 16.04 Bugs
Snappy needs to influence environment variables in applications
Status in Canonical Click Reviewers tools:
Status in Snappy Launcher:
Status in Snapcraft:
Status in Snappy:
Status in click-reviewers-tools package in Ubuntu:
Status in click-reviewers-tools source package in Xenial:
Status in click-reviewers-tools source package in Yakkety:
= SRU for snapcraft =
* Adding an environment keyword to snapcraft.yaml, which will make it to
snap.yaml which the launcher will use to setup the environment.
* This reduces the amount of wrapper files.
1. Run `snapcraft` on the ros demo.
2. Install the snap.
3. snap should run. (if it doesn't it mostly likely means the environent was
4. snap.yaml's `assumes` gets a `snap-run` tag.
* Very low. Environment that was previously setup by wrapper scripts could
be missing when the launcher launches using the environment keyword.
* The use of `assumes` will make sure this doesn't break people on older
versions of snapd or snap-run
= SRU for click-reviewers-tools =
This is already fixed in the store so the SRU is for users to not see this
failure their local system
Run snap-review on the attached snap:
$ snap-review ./snap-example-env_0_all.snap
[ Regression Potential]
Regression potential is extremely low since this is already on production in
the Ubuntu Store for many weeks.
= Original description =
We see a common pattern across many snaps, all apps are really using
wrappers to set environment variables. I'd like to propose that this
is exposed as first class feature in snapcraft (same like plugs and
slots), snappy (where interfaces can affect variables and snappy can
have sensible defaults) and ubuntu-core-launcher (to actually apply
those variables to each started process).
As a bit of context, this is a wrapper for a non trivial but still
common app: the calculator:
The wrapper is 44 lines long, all of which set up environment
Support environment variable that would be available to snaps. The
form should look like
environment: # these apply to all snaps
ENV1: value1 # takes precedence over global ones
These environment values would be transported to snap.yaml
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp