This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-drivers-common - 1:0.4.17.2
ubuntu-drivers-common (1:0.4.17.2) xenial-proposed; urgency=medium
[ Alberto Milone ]
- Fix memory leak in get_alternatives(). Make sure to always free
alternatives->current_core and alternatives->current_egl.
- Partially drop the drm code, and get information about connectors
from sysf. This fixes a long standing performance issue (LP: #1586933).
- Disable persistence mode before powering down the dGPU.
If persistence mode is not disabled, gpu-manager will not be able to
unload the nvidia module (LP: #1619306).
- Make sure to load and unload nvidia-drm. This fixes a problem that
prevents the dGPU from being powered off in hybrid systems with
recent nvidia drivers (LP: #1619306).
[ Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) ]
- Catch and ignore UnicodeDecodeErrors in dmi info, as some machines
may report board_name as ffffffffffff0a to mean empty, and this
causes an error in python 3 (LP: #1320868).
-- Alberto Milone <alberto.mil...@canonical.com> Mon, 06 Jun 2016
** Changed in: ubuntu-drivers-common (Ubuntu Xenial)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu 16.04 Bugs
SRU request: Include the 367 driver in Ubuntu 16.04
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-367 package in Ubuntu:
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common package in Ubuntu:
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-367 source package in Xenial:
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common source package in Xenial:
The nvidia packages in Ubuntu 16.04 do not support recent NVIDIA GPUs.
The new driver also requires changes in ubuntu-drivers-common, as gpu-
manager needs to be able to unload the nvidia-drm module in order to
power down the dGPU in hybrid systems.
1) Enable the xenial-proposed repository, and install the nvidia-367 package
2) Restart and see if the system boots correctly. If unsure, please
attach your /var/log/gpu-manager.log and /var/log/Xorg.0.log
Low, the packages are already in Yakkety.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp