This bug was fixed in the package debian-installer - 20101020ubuntu451.6
debian-installer (20101020ubuntu451.6) xenial; urgency=medium
* Use full version as BUILD_DATE string in the build process, such that
mini.iso mini-info & d-i fake status file correctly declare full
buildstamp. Currently it's impossible to tell apart SRU builds from
each and from the GA build. LP: #1628149.
-- Dimitri John Ledkov <x...@ubuntu.com> Wed, 28 Sep 2016 12:05:12
** Changed in: debian-installer (Ubuntu Xenial)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu 16.04 Bugs
.disk/mini-info is the same for GA and SRU d-i builds
Status in debian-installer package in Ubuntu:
Status in debian-installer source package in Xenial:
* d-i build does not contain a full version number, thus impossible
to identify which build a mini.ios, pxeboot, netboot builds belong to
prior or after the install.
* this makes it impossible to tell apart SRU builds of d-i
* The fix is to include a full version string, instead of stripped
one, during build
* Unpack mini-iso, verify that .disk/mini-info has a full version
string including training .N number.
* Install system and check that debian-installer package in
/var/log/installer/status has full version number including training
* minimal, the version/buildstamp used is an arbitrary string, sans
trailing .N number.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp