This bug was fixed in the package smbldap-tools - 0.9.9-1ubuntu1.16.04.2

smbldap-tools (0.9.9-1ubuntu1.16.04.2) xenial; urgency=medium

  * debian/patches/0023_add_pod_smbldap-config.patch: Fix typo in
    backport (LP: #997172).

 -- Nishanth Aravamudan <>  Wed, 07 Sep
2016 14:13:07 -0700

** Changed in: smbldap-tools (Ubuntu Xenial)

You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu 16.04 Bugs

  [SRU] not installed

Status in Ubuntu Server Guide:
  Fix Released
Status in smbldap-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in smbldap-tools source package in Trusty:
  Fix Released
Status in smbldap-tools source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in smbldap-tools package in Debian:

Bug description:

   * The serverguide currently calls out this bug and requires manual
  download and extraction of a source package because
  is not present in the binary smbldap-tools package.

   * Add appropriately to the Makefile to install it.

  [Test Case]

   * Install smbldap-tools, will not be present.

  [Regression Potential]

   * The risk of regression is low to none, in this case, as the only effective
change is the installation of a new Perl script on upgrade.
   * The only concern would be if a user manually extracted the same script
from the source package and then installed the SRU'd version of smbldap-tools,
but I believe dpkg will handle that case correctly.

  Installing and configuring LDAP and Samba, beg¡fore execute the command
smbldap-populate we must uncompress a files that in this version of
smbldap-tools (from Ubuntu 12.04) it is not present. I refer the or better the

  without it we cannot generate the smbldap.conf nor smbldap_bind.conf
  before execute the smbldap-populate command to Add Samba LDAP objects
  to my ldap.

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :