This bug was fixed in the package curtin - 0.1.0~bzr425-0ubuntu1~16.04.1
curtin (0.1.0~bzr425-0ubuntu1~16.04.1) xenial-proposed; urgency=medium
[ Scott Moser ]
* debian/new-upstream-snapshot: add writing of debian changelog entries.
[ Ryan Harper ]
* New upstream snapshot.
- unittest,tox.ini: catch and fix issue with trusty-level mock of open
- block/mdadm: add option to ignore mdadm_assemble errors (LP: #1618429)
- curtin/doc: overhaul curtin documentation for readthedocs.org
- curtin.util: re-add support for RunInChroot (LP: #1617375)
- curtin/net: overhaul of eni rendering to handle mixed ipv4/ipv6 configs
- curtin.block: refactor clear_holders logic into block.clear_holders and
- curtin.apply_net should exit non-zero upon exception. (LP: #1615780)
- apt: fix bug in disable_suites if sources.list line is blank.
- vmtests: disable Wily in vmtests
- Fix the unittests for test_apt_source.
- get CURTIN_VMTEST_PARALLEL shown correctly in jenkins-runner output
- fix vmtest check_file_strippedline to strip lines before comparing
- fix whitespace damage in tests/vmtests/__init__.py
- fix dpkg-reconfigure when debconf_selections was provided.
- fix apt tests on non-intel arch
- Add apt features to curtin. (LP: #1574113)
- vmtest: easier use of parallel and controlling timeouts
- mkfs.vfat: add force flag for formating whole disks (LP: #1597923)
- block.mkfs: fix sectorsize flag (LP: #1597522)
- block_meta: cleanup use of sys_block_path and handle cciss knames
- block.get_blockdev_sector_size: handle _lsblock multi result return
- util: add target (chroot) support to subp, add target_path helper.
- block_meta: fallback to parted if blkid does not produce output
- commands.block_wipe: correct default wipe mode to 'superblock'
- tox.ini: run coverage normally rather than separately
- move uefi boot knowledge from launch and vmtest to xkvm
-- Ryan Harper <ryan.har...@canonical.com> Mon, 03 Oct 2016 13:43:54
** Changed in: curtin (Ubuntu Xenial)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu 16.04 Bugs
Curtin doesn't clean up previous MD configuration
Status in curtin:
Status in curtin package in Ubuntu:
Status in curtin source package in Xenial:
* On some machines which have existing MDADM RAID metadata on one or
more of disks, curtin fails to remove this existing metadata when
instructed to do so and fails to install on such machines.
Curtin has been updated to ignore mdadm asseble errors specifically
in the case where curtin has been instructed to wipe a designated
device. In the above case, curtin encountered an unexpected return
code from mdadm assemble command which is not relevant since curtin
is going to wipe the underlying device for re-installation.
* Install proposed curtin package and deploy to a machine with a
partial mdadm raid array which cannot be properly assembled.
PASS: Successfully deploy image with RAID configuration included.
FAIL: Deployment fails with the following error:
Command: ['mdadm', '--assemble', '--scan']
Exit code: 3
Stderr: u'mdadm: /dev/md/4 assembled from 3 drives
not enough to start the array.
* Users requesting curtin 'preserve' existing raid configurations may
When deploying a machine in MAAS with a MD setup, deployment fails.
Inspection shows that curtin doesn't clean up existin MD devices. On a
failed machine I can see in dmesg:
[ 22.352672] md/raid1:md2: active with 2 out of 2 mirrors
[ 22.730212] md/raid1:md1: active with 2 out of 2 mirrors
these are MD devices from previous deployment. Instead of deleting
those, curtin tries to create a new one. So /proc/mdstat shows:
Personalities : [raid1] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
md3 : inactive md1(S) md2(S)
3125299568 blocks super 1.2
md1 : active raid1 sdd sdc
1562649792 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]
md2 : active raid1 sdf sde
1562649792 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]
unused devices: <none>
MAAS's storage config appears to be correct.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp