This bug was fixed in the package curtin - 0.1.0~bzr425-0ubuntu1~16.04.1
curtin (0.1.0~bzr425-0ubuntu1~16.04.1) xenial-proposed; urgency=medium
[ Scott Moser ]
* debian/new-upstream-snapshot: add writing of debian changelog entries.
[ Ryan Harper ]
* New upstream snapshot.
- unittest,tox.ini: catch and fix issue with trusty-level mock of open
- block/mdadm: add option to ignore mdadm_assemble errors (LP: #1618429)
- curtin/doc: overhaul curtin documentation for readthedocs.org
- curtin.util: re-add support for RunInChroot (LP: #1617375)
- curtin/net: overhaul of eni rendering to handle mixed ipv4/ipv6 configs
- curtin.block: refactor clear_holders logic into block.clear_holders and
- curtin.apply_net should exit non-zero upon exception. (LP: #1615780)
- apt: fix bug in disable_suites if sources.list line is blank.
- vmtests: disable Wily in vmtests
- Fix the unittests for test_apt_source.
- get CURTIN_VMTEST_PARALLEL shown correctly in jenkins-runner output
- fix vmtest check_file_strippedline to strip lines before comparing
- fix whitespace damage in tests/vmtests/__init__.py
- fix dpkg-reconfigure when debconf_selections was provided.
- fix apt tests on non-intel arch
- Add apt features to curtin. (LP: #1574113)
- vmtest: easier use of parallel and controlling timeouts
- mkfs.vfat: add force flag for formating whole disks (LP: #1597923)
- block.mkfs: fix sectorsize flag (LP: #1597522)
- block_meta: cleanup use of sys_block_path and handle cciss knames
- block.get_blockdev_sector_size: handle _lsblock multi result return
- util: add target (chroot) support to subp, add target_path helper.
- block_meta: fallback to parted if blkid does not produce output
- commands.block_wipe: correct default wipe mode to 'superblock'
- tox.ini: run coverage normally rather than separately
- move uefi boot knowledge from launch and vmtest to xkvm
-- Ryan Harper <ryan.har...@canonical.com> Mon, 03 Oct 2016 13:43:54
** Changed in: curtin (Ubuntu Xenial)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu 16.04 Bugs
curtin is unable to create whole disk fat/vfat formats
Status in curtin:
Status in curtin package in Ubuntu:
Status in curtin source package in Xenial:
* Curtin is unable to create FAT/VFAT filesystems on whole disks. The FAT
filesystem creation utilities do not, by default, support creating a
FAT filesystem against an unpartitioned device.
Curtin has been updated to support passing a force flag to the
utilities to allow custom storage configurations to use FAT/VFAT
filesystems against such a device.
* Install proposed curtin package and deploy Ubuntu to target system
specifying a VFAT filesystem on top of a whole block device.
PASS: Ubuntu installation succeeds
FAIL: Ubuntu installation fails when attempting to format the block
device on which the VFAT filesystem would reside.
* Other OSes which may attempt to mount and read a VFAT filesystem
created in so-called 'superfloppy' format might not recognize the
The mkfs.fat and mkfs.vfat tools do not by default permit the creation of a
filesystem on a disk that has not been partitioned. This is not really a
limitation of the filesystems themselves; it is just a safety feature to keep
people from accidentally overwriting data.
Since some curtin users may have a need for whole disk fat/vfat
filesystems, it makes sense to use the '-I' flag for mkfs.vfat
commands, which forces the tools to work on whole disks. It appears
that this flag does not interfere with any of the other options in
mkfs, and so is essentially a force flag, and can just be added to
family_flag_mappings in block.mkfs
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp