This bug was fixed in the package curtin - 0.1.0~bzr425-0ubuntu1~16.04.1
curtin (0.1.0~bzr425-0ubuntu1~16.04.1) xenial-proposed; urgency=medium
[ Scott Moser ]
* debian/new-upstream-snapshot: add writing of debian changelog entries.
[ Ryan Harper ]
* New upstream snapshot.
- unittest,tox.ini: catch and fix issue with trusty-level mock of open
- block/mdadm: add option to ignore mdadm_assemble errors (LP: #1618429)
- curtin/doc: overhaul curtin documentation for readthedocs.org
- curtin.util: re-add support for RunInChroot (LP: #1617375)
- curtin/net: overhaul of eni rendering to handle mixed ipv4/ipv6 configs
- curtin.block: refactor clear_holders logic into block.clear_holders and
- curtin.apply_net should exit non-zero upon exception. (LP: #1615780)
- apt: fix bug in disable_suites if sources.list line is blank.
- vmtests: disable Wily in vmtests
- Fix the unittests for test_apt_source.
- get CURTIN_VMTEST_PARALLEL shown correctly in jenkins-runner output
- fix vmtest check_file_strippedline to strip lines before comparing
- fix whitespace damage in tests/vmtests/__init__.py
- fix dpkg-reconfigure when debconf_selections was provided.
- fix apt tests on non-intel arch
- Add apt features to curtin. (LP: #1574113)
- vmtest: easier use of parallel and controlling timeouts
- mkfs.vfat: add force flag for formating whole disks (LP: #1597923)
- block.mkfs: fix sectorsize flag (LP: #1597522)
- block_meta: cleanup use of sys_block_path and handle cciss knames
- block.get_blockdev_sector_size: handle _lsblock multi result return
- util: add target (chroot) support to subp, add target_path helper.
- block_meta: fallback to parted if blkid does not produce output
- commands.block_wipe: correct default wipe mode to 'superblock'
- tox.ini: run coverage normally rather than separately
- move uefi boot knowledge from launch and vmtest to xkvm
-- Ryan Harper <ryan.har...@canonical.com> Mon, 03 Oct 2016 13:43:54
** Changed in: curtin (Ubuntu Xenial)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu 16.04 Bugs
curtin passes wrong args to mkfs when making filesystem on advanced
Status in curtin:
Status in curtin package in Ubuntu:
Status in curtin source package in Xenial:
* curtin passes wrong args to mkfs when making filesystem on advanced
format disks (4k sector size)
Curtin has been modified to only pass the '-s 1' sector-size flag
to the vfat formatting tools. Curtin has been updated to specify
the correct sector-size flags and values to other formatting
utilities that support such settings.
* Install proposed curtin package and attempt to format a disk with
xfs filesystem using 4K logical blocksize for the disk.
PASS: Ubuntu successfully installs with xfs filesystem on top of a
FAIL: Ubuntu fails to install with xfs filesystem on 4k disk.
* Low; current users expecting xfs on 4k disks were blocked without
During format handling, curtin detects the underlying block size of the disk
and sets the filesystem block size accordingly.
In order to properly handle a bug in mkfs.vfat, curtin adds the flag
'-s 1'. However, curtin adds this flag to all disk format commands,
not just to commands using 'mkfs.vfat'. This can lead to unexpected
behavior with some formatting tools, and can cause installation to
halt with others.
For example, the mkfs.btrfs utility understands '-s' to mean
sectorsize, so when curtin installs to an advanced format disk and
storage config includes a btrfs formatted filesystem, curtin will
create a filesystem that uses 1 byte sectors. This will greatly harm
For xfs volumes, this means that installation will fail completely, as
the sectorsize attribute for xfs volumes must be specified in the
format '-s size=512', so '-s 1' will cause mkfs.xfs to fail.
Fortunately, this does not affect mkfs.ext* because these tools seem
to silently ignore the '-s' flag, so most users likely have not been
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp