This bug was fixed in the package curtin - 0.1.0~bzr425-0ubuntu1~16.04.1
curtin (0.1.0~bzr425-0ubuntu1~16.04.1) xenial-proposed; urgency=medium
[ Scott Moser ]
* debian/new-upstream-snapshot: add writing of debian changelog entries.
[ Ryan Harper ]
* New upstream snapshot.
- unittest,tox.ini: catch and fix issue with trusty-level mock of open
- block/mdadm: add option to ignore mdadm_assemble errors (LP: #1618429)
- curtin/doc: overhaul curtin documentation for readthedocs.org
- curtin.util: re-add support for RunInChroot (LP: #1617375)
- curtin/net: overhaul of eni rendering to handle mixed ipv4/ipv6 configs
- curtin.block: refactor clear_holders logic into block.clear_holders and
- curtin.apply_net should exit non-zero upon exception. (LP: #1615780)
- apt: fix bug in disable_suites if sources.list line is blank.
- vmtests: disable Wily in vmtests
- Fix the unittests for test_apt_source.
- get CURTIN_VMTEST_PARALLEL shown correctly in jenkins-runner output
- fix vmtest check_file_strippedline to strip lines before comparing
- fix whitespace damage in tests/vmtests/__init__.py
- fix dpkg-reconfigure when debconf_selections was provided.
- fix apt tests on non-intel arch
- Add apt features to curtin. (LP: #1574113)
- vmtest: easier use of parallel and controlling timeouts
- mkfs.vfat: add force flag for formating whole disks (LP: #1597923)
- block.mkfs: fix sectorsize flag (LP: #1597522)
- block_meta: cleanup use of sys_block_path and handle cciss knames
- block.get_blockdev_sector_size: handle _lsblock multi result return
- util: add target (chroot) support to subp, add target_path helper.
- block_meta: fallback to parted if blkid does not produce output
- commands.block_wipe: correct default wipe mode to 'superblock'
- tox.ini: run coverage normally rather than separately
- move uefi boot knowledge from launch and vmtest to xkvm
-- Ryan Harper <ryan.har...@canonical.com> Mon, 03 Oct 2016 13:43:54
** Changed in: curtin (Ubuntu Xenial)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu 16.04 Bugs
Failed to deploy machine with HP Smart Array Raid 6i
Status in curtin:
Status in Landscape Server:
Status in MAAS:
Status in curtin package in Ubuntu:
Status in curtin source package in Trusty:
Status in curtin source package in Xenial:
* Attempting to deploy a machine with a HP Smart Array Raid 6i fails to
install due to Curtin miscalculating the device path to CCISS
Curtin has been updated to properly calculate and handle the
different forms of the HP CCISS array devices and partition path names
in /dev and in /sys
* Install proposed curtin package and deploy Ubuntu images to a system
with an HP Smart Array device.
PASS: Ubuntu OS successfully installed
FAIL: Ubuntu fails to install with error message like:
An error occured handling 'cciss!c0d0':
OSError - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/sys/block/c0d0/holders'
* The fix included changes to how curtin determines the sysfs path to
block devices and partitions. It's possible that these changes could
cause working systems which currently deploy to fail to deploy.
However, this is mitigated by the fact that only HP Smart Array devices
have special naming scheme for partitions so it's unlikely that non-HP
storage devices are using the kernel path /dev/cciss as a prefix.
Attempting to deploy a machine with a HP Smart Array Raid 6i fails.
Installation output contains:
Error: Partition(s) 5 on /dev/cciss/c0d0 have been written, but we have been
unable to inform the kernel of the change, probably because it/they are in use.
As a result, the old partition(s) will remain in use. You should reboot now
before making further changes.
An error occured handling 'cciss!c0d0': OSError - [Errno 2] No such file or
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/sys/block/c0d0/holders'
Installation failed with exception: Unexpected error while running command.
Command: ['curtin', 'block-meta', 'custom']
Exit code: 3
Stdout: "Error: Partition(s) 5 on /dev/cciss/c0d0 have been written, but we
have been unable to inform the kernel of the change, probably because it/they
are in use. As a result, the old partition(s) will remain in use. You should
reboot now before making further changes.\nAn error occured handling
'cciss!c0d0': OSError - [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/sys/block/c0d0/holders'\n[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp