Debdiff for Zesty
** Patch added: "Zesty_Fix.diff"
** Also affects: plasma-discover (Ubuntu Zesty)
Assignee: Clive Johnston (clivejo)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.
Matching subscriptions: Ubuntu 16.04 Bugs
[sru] missing depends on ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt – breaks GUI
upgrades to yakkety
Status in plasma-discover package in Ubuntu:
Status in plasma-discover source package in Xenial:
Status in plasma-discover source package in Yakkety:
Status in plasma-discover source package in Zesty:
* Current users running Xenial will be unable to upgrade to Yakkety
via the GUI, due to missing package. The button to update basically
* Fixing this will allow the significant proportion of users likely
to upgrade via the GUI route to do so.
* The package ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt is a required component for
GUI distribution upgrade in kubuntu, so reintroducing a dependency
ensures this is installed by default for such users.
* In software sources set the default Release upgrade path to Normal
to allow Xenial to Yakkety upgrade.
* In plasma-discover when offered the upgrade click the 'Upgrade'
button to accept.
* As tested in up to date xenial, without ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt
installed the upgrade does not launch - failing without any apparent
error message to the user. In effect the button appears to do nothing.
* With ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt the upgrade launches and continues
Tested and confirmed using the updated package in
* This is the installation a missing package via an updated
dependency, which is only used during release upgrades. Therefore it
is anticipated that the regression potential is minimal. We are
restoring a package that was always intended to be installed.
Previously in wily muon-updater depended on ubuntu-release-upgrader-
qt, meaning this was installed by default.
In Xenial muon-updater became a transitional dummy package for plasma-
discover-updater, and this dependency was not carried over, resulting
in ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt not being installed by default and a GUI
release upgrade to Yakkety 16.10 failing silently to the user after
the 'Upgrade' button in software upgrades is clicked.
The bug is initially filed against plasma-discover, however it may be
more appropriate to update dependencies of another package instead.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~group.of.nepali.translators
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp