This bug was fixed in the package linux - 4.4.0-47.68

---------------
linux (4.4.0-47.68) xenial; urgency=low

  [ Kamal Mostafa ]

  * Release Tracking Bug
    - LP: #1636941

  * Add a driver for Amazon Elastic Network Adapters (ENA) (LP: #1635721)
    - lib/bitmap.c: conversion routines to/from u32 array
    - net: ethtool: add new ETHTOOL_xLINKSETTINGS API
    - net: ena: Add a driver for Amazon Elastic Network Adapters (ENA)
    - [config] enable CONFIG_ENA_ETHERNET=m (Amazon ENA driver)

  * unexpectedly large memory usage of mounted snaps (LP: #1636847)
    - [Config] switch squashfs to single threaded decode

 -- Kamal Mostafa <ka...@canonical.com>  Wed, 26 Oct 2016 10:47:55 -0700

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  unexpectedly large memory usage of mounted snaps

Status in Snappy:
  New
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Zesty:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  This is a tracking bug for what might be kernel bugs or kernel
  configuration changes.

  As described [1], memory used by simply mounting a squashfs file (even
  an empty one) is ranging from almost nothing (on certain
  distributions) to 131MB on Ubuntu 16.04 and 16.10 on a single-core
  machine or VM.

  The amount is excessive and should be investigated by the kernel team.
  We may need to change the kernel or at least the configuration we ship
  in our packages and kernel snaps.

  [1] https://github.com/zyga/mounted-fs-memory-checker