7.0.13-2ubuntu1 has migrated to zesty release.

** Changed in: php7.0 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: php7.0 (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Nish Aravamudan (nacc) => (unassigned)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  [SRU] microrelease exception for src:php7.0 (7.0.13)

Status in php7.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in php7.0 source package in Xenial:
  In Progress
Status in php7.0 source package in Yakkety:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  There have been a number of microreleases of PHP 7.0 upstream since
  the last update to Xenial (which corresponded to the merge in
  Yakkety). Ase we have re-merged again in Zesty, it feels appropriate
  to provide another MRE update to php7.0. A number of critical security
  and bug-fixes are present in each 7.0.x. Rather than backporting
  individual patches (e.g., Bug # 1569509), I believe it makes
  significantly more sense to follow the upstream 7.0.x. Upstream PHP is
  demonstrating an improved approach of bugfixes only in 7.0.x:

   - 7.0.13: http://php.net/ChangeLog-7.php

  The upstream CI is at: https://travis-ci.org/php/php-src and is run
  regularly.

  Our php7.0 source package has autopkgtests for the 4 SAPIs, mod-php,
  cgi, fpm and cli. We have also updated the packing to run the source
  tests during the build itself.

  I do not believe there is a firm statement from upstream on API/ABI
  stability, but the general approach seems to be a BC-break would
  result in 7.1.0.