** Changed in: maas (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  [SRU] MAAS 2.1.1

Status in maas package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in maas source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in maas source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Dependencies & Upgrade
  =====================

  MAAS users that are upgrading to Yakkety and 2.1, they will be able to
  continue to use MAAS exactly the same way how they were using it
  before, right after the upgrade without any user intervention. While
  MAAS 2.1 adds significant changes, it however, is currently provides
  full feature parity with any earlier version of MAAS.

  MAAS introduces several new features/changes:

   - Support new consolidated images (squashfs)
   - Support for new HWE kernels & Low Latency kernels.
   - Support for NTP configuration
   - Support for third party and derived repositories.
   - Support for IPv6
   - Support for static routes
   - Support for Network Bridge Configuration
   - Introduce the First User Journey
   - Introduce Device Discovery

  NOTE: Even with the newly introduced features, MAAS 2.1 is currently
  feature parity with older MAAS releases. This means that users will
  continue to use MAAS the same way they used to do it in previous
  releases, and current users upgrading wont be broken. The new features
  being introduced only enhance functionality.

  Testing
  ======

   - We perform new install package testing to ensure that the package is rock
solid on fresh installations.
   - We perform upgrade testing from previous MAAS and Ubuntu Releases. At the
moment we perform upgrade testing covering upgrades from MAAS 2.0. The upgrade
ensures that MAAS after the upgrade is up and running with no issues.

  Releases
  =======

  MAAS 2.1 is targeted to be released by Thursday October 13th and the
  goal is to perform a 0-day SRU for the final release.

  NOTE: The only reason why MAAS 2.0 is being released as beta, is due
  to the introduction of the support for the new kernels that had been
  delayed due to reasons outside of MAAS control. As of beta1 all
  feature work is complete and we are only working on bug fixes moving
  forward.