Note that it's unlikely unless a bug is fixed to see an update go out
for a major version of a package in universe. You may want to refer to:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

** Changed in: nghttp2 (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: nghttp2 (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Tags added: upgrade-software-version

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of नेपाली
भाषा समायोजकहरुको समूह, which is subscribed to Xenial.

Title:
  Request for the most recent stable version

Status in nghttp2 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in nghttp2 source package in Xenial:
  New

Bug description:
  Hi *

  I would like to do request for the implementation of the most recent
  stable version of the nghttp2. Now it is 1.9.1.

  In the raw of latest releases
  (https://github.com/nghttp2/nghttp2/releases) a significant
  improvements in nghttp2 parts were made.

  For benchmark tool (h2load):
  •h2load: Fix bug that it did not try to connect to server again
  •h2load: Fix bug that initial max concurrent streams was too large

  Using 1.7.1 I had couple issues with those bugs during benchmarking
  all available protocols.

  Most important improvements were done in the proxy part (only 1.9.1).

  •nghttpx: Memcached connection encryption with tls keyword
  •nghttpx: Enable/disable TLS per frontend address
  •nghttpx: Configure TLS per backend routing pattern
  •nghttpx: Workaround for Ubuntu 15.04 which does not value-initialize on
std::make_shared.
  •nghttpx: Add --error-page option to set custom error pages
  •nghttpx: Add wildcard host routing
  •nghttpx: Change read timeout reset timing
  •nghttpx: Don't push if Link header field includes nopush
  •nghttpx: Deprecate backend-http1-connections-per-host in favor of
backend-connections-per-host
  •nghttpx: Restructure mode settings, removing --http2-bridge, --client, and
--client-proxy options
  •nghttpx: Deprecate backend-http1-connections-per-frontend in favor of
backend-connections-per-frontend
  •nghttpx: Don't share session which is already in draining state
  •nghttpx: Effectively disable backend HTTP/2 connection flow control
  •nghttpx: Add --frontend-http2-max-concurrent-streams and
--backend-http2-max-concurrent-streams, and deprecate
--http2-max-concurrent-streams option
  •nghttpx: Deprecate --backend-http2-connections-per-worker option
  •nghttpx: Share TLS session cache between HTTP/2 and HTTP/1 backend
  •nghttpx: Rewrite backend HTTP/2 connection coalesce strategy

  The difference between 1.7.1 and 1.9.1 in functionality and stability are
greater then I copypaste it here. Please check changelogs:
  https://github.com/nghttp2/nghttp2/releases

  I would like to point your attention to fact that at this moment I
  could not find any simple, stable and lightweight working forward
  proxy server with HTTP/2 capabilities except nghttpx.

  Based on this reasons, I think to build a new package with most recent
  stable version of nghttp2 and all related parts is useful for upcoming
  LTS release.

  Additional information:

  1) The release of Ubuntu you are using, via 'lsb_release -rd' or System ->
About Ubuntu
  root@ubuntu:~# lsb_release -rd
  Release:        16.04

  2) The version of the package you are using, via 'apt-cache policy
  pkgname' or by checking in Software Center

  root@ubuntu:~# apt-cache policy nghttp2
  nghttp2:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 1.7.1-1